Working in large teams isn’t easy, especially when you add external contributors and remote working into the mix, so we’re delighted to announce that user role management is now publicly available.
With the introduction of user roles, Canvasflow helps you to protect your account by providing the ability to control which publications users can access, what content they can create and if they can connect and publish to a publishing platform.
Choosing the right role
Canvasflow offers five different user roles, each providing a different level of privilege. Understanding the correct role to assign is an important when adding new users, so below is a brief overview of what level of access each role offers.
- Master – Provides full account access.
- Administrator – Provides full access within the publication they are a member of.
- Editor – This role can manage and publish content, but are unable to add or edit users.
- Contributor – Can make content changes and perform basic article administration but are not able to publish.
- Proofreader – Able to edit existing content and save articles but not publish. Users assigned this role are not able to add new components.
The role assigned to a user can be changed at anytime and will take instant effect. This provides the ability to restrict or elevate privileges on the fly.